Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Chris anticipates some dramatic multi-centre turning ....

In the March 2006 edition of "Woodturning" Gregory Morton explained how to turn something and ordinary as a fencepost into a piece of wood art.

That turned my mind to those six large old yellowwood beams that have been occupuying good workshop space for the last couple of years!

Here is what I decided to do with them using my large Stubby 1000 lathe.

Chris was somewhat sceptical at this stage!


















I made up a jig as described in Gregory's article, bound the whole lot up with two separate lengths of rope just to make sure.

With some trepidation I engaged the lathe and "let her fly".














I'll post a pic of the completed piece soon. It came out rather well but still needs to be finished and photographed.

No comments: