Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bloody bloody bloody ...














I've just been provided with a redesign opportunity for my new car. On the way out to dinner on Stuart and Linda Mortimer's last evening in Cape Town an inattentive young driver did this to my car! I was slowing down for a car turning right in front of me and WHAM from behind. I presume she was on her cell phone or painting her nails! No injuries thank heavens. Just the inconvenience of having my car in the panel shop. Still haven't got it back, though it has only been a couple of days.















And this is the car that did it! Probably more damage to her car than mine - small recompense. Actually it was her boss' car. It was dribbling copiously from its anterior regions.















He was sumonsed and arrived in moments, typical Mercedes driver, strutting around like a little cockrell telling me "Its only an accident, Don't look so worried. Have you never had an accident before." "Actually no, and I've had my license since the age of 16" said I, to his obvious disbelief. "That's what we have insurance for. I've had lots of accidents", he proclaims proudly - Little pri.. I restrained myself from being reeeeely reeeeely rude.

2 comments:

Andi Wolfe said...

Dennis - I'm so relieved that you are alright. Hope the car repair goes well. I'm looking forward to seeing pics from the congress - after your car comes home, of course. . .

Dennis Laidler said...

Andi - ja well no fine - just a pity cars don't heal!

Pics from congress coming soon. I'll collect the official batch from Ken tomorrow if possible, and resize some for the blog or web while I'm sitting at the waterfront tomorrow evening.