Monday, May 22, 2006

Preaching to the converted …

Today was just run of the mill conference presentations.



Left to right at the speaker's table, Ms Scholastica Kimaryo, the UNDP Resident Representative, our National Minister of Environmental Affairs and Tourism, Martinus van Schalkwyk and at the podium Deputy Director General Biodiversity, Pam Yako



Late in the afternoon our Minister’s PA phoned to ask for some info as the Minister planned to write her budget speech tonight. So instead of enjoying the Kudu ‘spitbraai’ I was sitting at my computer desperately trying to e-mail some info to her using my cellphone as a modem.
Only when I recharged the cell phone and computer batteries back in the guesthouse later that night did I succeed.

And one of the highlights at supper – an Afrikaans colleague when offered a glass of Chardonay says, “Sorry its not to my tongue”. The others, knowing that his favourite drink was brandy and Coke decided, “Not enough Coke”!

No comments: